Why might I need to rescan the digital channels on my digital TV?
The frequency of some digital channels occasionally needs to change to increase the efficiency of how the channels are delivered.
- If you use a Spectrum receiver or DVR, you do not need to take any action.
- If you are using the built in QAM tuner in your TV to receive digital TV channels without the use of a Spectrum receiver, you may need to perform an occasional rescan. The rescan ensures that you are receiving the most updated channels.
To determine whether your TV has a QAM tuner, see How can I tell whether my TV has a QAM tuner?
To find out how to rescan, see How do I perform a rescan of digital channels on my TV?
- Using Features & Services
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
- Multi-Room DVRs
- On-Screen Guide
- Parental Controls
- Pay Per View Movies, Sports, & Events
- Start Over
- On Demand Programming
- 3D TV
- Caller ID on TV
- TV Everywhere
- Spectrum TV App (Replaces BHTV)
- Spectrum TV App for Roku
- Spectrum TV App for Xbox One
- Spectrum TV App for Samsung Smart TVs
Helpful Tools & Services
- Programming Your Remote
- Game Finder
- Channel Lineup
- My Services
- Find a Location
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.