What is HDMI, and what are the benefits?
HDMI stands for high definition multimedia interface. An HDMI cable provides a connection between your Spectrum Receiver and HDTV that lets you watch HD programming.
While HDMI is not the only connection option available for HDTV, it does have some advantages:
- HDMI carries both the video and audio signal, eliminating the need for separate audio cables.
- HDMI enables many different connections with very few cables, simplifying the connection process and eliminating the clutter of multiple cables.
- Many new computers and laptops have an HDMI connection, which enables you to use this cable to turn your TV into a computer monitor.
- With a special adapter, HDMI cables can convert to DVI, providing additional connection options.
For setup instructions, see How do I install HDMI cables?
Did You Know?
- You can also use component cables to watch HD programming.
- If you have a 3D TV, you must connect your TV to your HD Spectrum Receiver or DVR using an HDMI cable to be able to view any 3D programming in 3D.
Helpful Tools & Services
- Programming Your Remote
- Game Finder
- Channel Lineup
- My Services
- Find a Location
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.