What is Call Return (*69)?
The Call Return (*69) feature stores the number of the last person who called you and gives you the option of phoning back the caller automatically. Call Return is a standard feature included in your phone service.
To find out who called you last and return the call:
- Dial *69. A voice recording provides you with the phone number of the last caller, the date and time of the call, and the option to return the call automatically.
- If you want to return the call automatically, press 1.
Did You Know?
- Call Return only works with calls received from landlines within your local calling area. The Call Return feature does not operate with calls from mobile phone numbers or with calls from U.S. long distance, international, 8xx, or 9xx telephone numbers.
- Call Return does not work if the last caller:
- Blocked Caller ID.
- If Caller ID is blocked, you are informed that you are trying to reach a private number and that it cannot be called using Call Return.
- Forwarded calls to another telephone number.
- Called from a long distance number or a mobile phone number.
- Blocked Caller ID.
- If you cannot use the Call Return feature for any reason other than Caller ID being blocked, you hear a message indicating the automatic callback request cannot be proccessed at this time and that you should try again or dial the number directly.
- If you press 1 to call back the last caller and that number is busy, the system automatically continues to redial the number for up to 30 minutes. Once the line is available, a distinctive ring indicates that the caller's phone is available. For more information, see What is Repeat Dialing?
To cancel Call Return:
If you do not cancel Call Return and the party you try to call back cannot be reached, Call Return is automatically canceled after 30 minutes.
- Using Features & Services
- Anonymous Call Rejection (*77)
- Call Forwarding (*72)
- Call Return (*69)
- Call Waiting
- Call Waiting ID
- Caller ID
- Caller ID on TV
- Directory Listing and Assistance
- International Calling
- Long Distance Callling
- Repeat Dialing (*66)
- Second Line
- Selective Call Blocking
- Speed Dial (*74)
- Star Codes
- Three-Way Calling
- Voice Mail
Helpful Tools & Services
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.