What is the difference between a router and a gateway?
- A router splits one High Speed Internet signal to create a network between two or more Internet-enabled devices such as computers, gaming consoles and printers.
- A router can be hard-wired or wireless.
- A router commonly connects network-enabled devices such as computers and gaming consoles to the Internet so that they can be used simultaneously.
Bright House Networks provides a router or gateway if you subscribe to Echo Home Networking.
- A wireless gateway combines the functions of a cable modem and a wireless router in one piece of equipment.
- A gateway uses a signal transmitted on a combination of coaxial and fiber optic cable to connect your computer to the Internet. It networks your equipment wirelessly in the same way as a wireless router.
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.