How much ventilation is required for my TV equipment?
Like all electronic devices, your converter should be placed in a way that provides ventilation to avoid overheating and ensure reliable operation.
- Your converter contains openings in the casing for ventilation. Do not block these openings.
- Keep an extra three inches of space around your converter clear of other objects.
- Do not place items, including other TV equipment, on top of your converter.
- Do not place your converter on soft surfaces, including beds, sofas, or carpets.
- Do not place your converter in an enclosed case unless that setup contains some openings to allow for ventilation of your equipment.
Your other electronic equipment, such as DVD players and video game systems, will also require similar setups to ensure proper ventilation. Refer to the user manuals for those devices for specific instructions.
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.