Before you enable this delivery option, make sure that you:
To set up your Voice Mail to be sent to your email:
More About Voice Mail Delivery to Email
- On the main toolbar, click . The My Services page opens.
- In the Phone section, click Voice Mail to Email & Text. The My Services Log In page opens.
- Enter your My Services Username and Password, and click . The Home Phone Online Tools page opens to the Voice Mail to Email and Text tab.
- For Voice Mail Delivery Options, select On. The email delivery options are enabled.
- In the Email Delivery text box, enter an email address to which you want your Voice Mail delivered.
- The Include Voice Mail File and transcription check box is selected by default, enabling you to receive both an audio file (.WAV file) and a readable file. If you want to receive only the audio file, select Include Voice Mail File Only and clear the Include Voice Mail File and transcription check box. Transcriptions are fully automated and may not be perfect. If you also receive the .WAV file, you can listen to the Voice Mail, too.
- Click .
- Under Advanced Settings, the Use Profanity Filter for Voice Mail transcription is selected by default. You can clear that selection if you wish.
- Click .
- You can send your Voice Mail to up to eight email addresses.
- You can change your settings at any time.
- To leave an email address in the system but turn off delivery to that address, clear the selections for that email address.
- To remove an email address completely, click .
- To disable all voice mail delivery options, select Off. Your existing settings are stored for future use.
- Most messages are delivered within one minute of the caller leaving a voice mail, but delivery of messages is dependent on your own email provider and mobile phone carrier.
- Deleting a message sent to your email does not delete the message from your Voice Mail. Conversely, if you delete a Voice Mail, any email message remains until you delete it.
- The source address of messages sent to your email or to your mobile device by text message is email@example.com. The subject line is "Bright House Networks Voice Mail Preview from (###) ###-####."
Did You Know?
If you do not receive your Voice Mail messages in your email or by text message after setting up Voice Mail delivery options in My Services, try the following:
- Check the spam filter for your email account, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders list.
- Ensure that your Voice Mail inbox is not full. You can delete old Voice Mail messages via your handset or online with My Services or Easy Gadget.
If you are still not receiving your Voice Mail as email, Contact Us and provide the name of your email provider.
You can also receive your Voice Mail as a transcription via your mobile text messaging service. See How do I set up my Voice Mail to be delivered to my mobile phone as a text message?
To find out about other ways to retrieve your Voice Mail, see the following: