I was browsing the Internet and received the following error message: Failed DNS lookup. What does it mean?
The website name you requested could not be translated into a valid internet address by the domain name system. This is either a result of an error in the global domain name system or you may have inadvertently entered an incorrect website or URL name.
What You Can Do
- Double-check the name of the website to ensure that it is spelled correctly.
- Check colons, periods, slashes, and tildes.
- Click the Refresh button on your Web browser.
- To find out whether the site hosting the document is still active, delete everything after the domain (.com, .net, .gov, etc.) and try again.
- Access the page from another location on the site, or try to access it via a search engine.
- If your website name or URL ends in .htm, try .html (and vice versa).
- Deleting an ending slash and add .htm or .html to the end.
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.