I just installed HDMI cables, and I am having functionality issues.
- Check that all cables are firmly connected at both ends. This includes the HDMI cable and the coaxial cable coming from the wall to your converter.
- Remove the connection cables you were using before HDMI.
If you are experiencing audio issues only:
You may need to change an audio setting on your converter. See I installed HDMI cables. Are there any settings I should change? If that does not resolve the issue, continue the troubleshooting steps below.
If you are experiencing any other issue:
HDMI connections sometimes require you to turn on your HDMI enabled device after you tune your TV to the proper input.
- Turn on your TV and tune to the input you use for the HDMI device.
- Wait for your TV to completely tune to that input. Some TVs can take a couple of seconds before it is finished.
- Turn on your HDMI device.
If the issue remains, it can often be resolved by reconnecting the HDMI cable with the following sequence:
- Turn off the converter and the TV.
- Remove the HDMI cable from both the converter and the TV.
- Unplug the power from the TV, and then plug it back in.
- Make sure the TV's power cord is plugged into a power strip or wall outlet instead of the converter.
- Unplug the cable box.
- Turn the TV on.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the TV first.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the converter.
- Plug in the converter's power cable. The converter reboots.
- Wait until the time is displayed on the front of the converter, and then turn the converter on.
- When the TV picture returns, turn the TV and the converter off and then back on again.
This sequence ensures the HDMI device properly connects with the HDMI interface of the TV. This is often referred to as an "HDMI Handshake." If this does not resolve the issue, it is possible that either the HDMI cable or one of the HDMI ports is damaged.
To test cable and port function:
- Try using a different HDMI cable. If this resolves the issue, the first cable may be damaged.
- Connect the HDMI cable to a different HDMI port on the TV. If this resolves the issue, the port on the TV may be damaged. You can contact your TV's manufacturer for information on repairing this port.
- Connect the TV to the converter using component cables to ensure the issue is related to the HDMI connection.
If the issue remains, Contact Us.
Helpful Tools & Services
- Programming Your Remote
- College Football Game Finder
- Channel Lineup
- Find a Location
- My Services
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.