How do I initiate a three-way call?
To start a three-way call:
- While on a call, tell the other party that you are putting him or her on hold.
- To place the other party on hold, press and quickly release the On/Off hook. Listen for three beeps and then a steady dial tone (stutter dial tone).
- If you have a Flash button on your phone, you can press that instead of the On/Off hook.
- Dial the phone number of the party you want to add to the call.
- When that party answers, let him or her know that you are setting up a three-way call.
- Press and quickly release the On/Off hook again to join the two calls.
Did You Know?
- During a three-way call, Call Waiting and Call Waiting Caller ID do not function. Additional incoming calls go directly to Voice Mail. If you do not have Bright House Networks Voice Mail on your Home Phone, additional callers hear a busy signal.
- It is possible to place a three-way call by mistake. To avoid this, be sure to hang up for at least 2 seconds after ending one call and placing another. Make sure that you have a normal dial tone. If you try to place a new call after hearing a stutter dial tone, you could accidentally place a three-way call between the party you just finished speaking to and the party you just dialed. A stutter dial tone can also indicate that you have a Voice Mail message. If you pick your phone and hear a stutter dial tone, check your Voice Mail to see whether you have any messages. Then hang up and start your call again.
- Using Features & Services
- Anonymous Call Rejection (*77)
- Call Forwarding (*72)
- Call Return (*69)
- Call Waiting
- Call Waiting ID
- Caller ID
- Caller ID on TV
- Directory Listing and Assistance
- Easy Gadget
- International Calling
- Long Distance Callling
- Repeat Dialing (*66)
- Second Line
- Selective Call Blocking
- Speed Dial (*74)
- Star Codes
- Three-Way Calling
- Voice Mail
Helpful Tools & Services
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.