How do I hook up my Spectrum receiver or DVR to my TV using component cables?
Like other cables, component cables can just be plugged in at each end to the two devices. Component cables can provide a high definition connection. They have three video wires: green, blue, and red. You will also need a separate audio cable, such as red and white composite audio cables.
- Locate the Component In ports on your TV, which contain matching Green, Blue, and Red ports. These colored ports are also labeled with letters:
- Y (green).
- Pb (blue).
- Pr (red).
- Connect one end of each component cable to the matching colors on the TV's Component In ports.
- Connect the other end of each cable to the Spectrum receiver's Component Out ports.
- Connect your audio wires to the appropriate Audio In ports on the TV, such as a red Audio In Right and a white Audio In Left.
- Connect the other end of the audio cables to the matching Audio Out ports on the Spectrum receiver, such as a red Audio Out Right and a white Audio Out Left.
- Turn on your equipment, and then tune the TV to the appropriate input.
Click the image to view a larger version.
Did You Know?
If your TV has an HDMI port, you can also connect your device with an HDMI cable. This uses just one wire for both video and audio.
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.