The version of McAfee AntiVirus offered through Bright House Networks has a built-in uninstaller for CA Internet Security Suite. If you currently have Internet Security Suite installed, it is uninstalled as part of the McAfee AntiVirus installation process. If you currently have other security software, you should uninstall it just prior to installing McAfee AntiVirus.
To download McAfee AntiVirus:
- Go to http://www.twcc.com/benefits/mcafee_bhn.
- Click Register Now. The Registration for McAfee AntiVirus and McAfee Family Protection page opens.
- Enter your Road Runner Email Address and Road Runner Email Password.
- If you have already registered with McAfee, click Log into your account here and proceed to Step 8.
- Click Continue. The Create Your Account page opens, displaying your name and username (your Road Runner email address).
- Enter a password in the Choose a Password text box.
- Re-enter Password.
- Click Download Now. Your Account page opens.
- Click Download below McAfee AntiVirus. The End User License Agreement page opens.
- You can repeat this process and click Download below McAfee Family Protection to install the parental control software.
- Click I Agree. The Download Your McAfee Software page opens.
- Review the instructions, and click Download. A pop-up box opens at the bottom of the browser window.
- Click Run.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- Wait while McAfee prepares to download the software. The Install Now page opens.
- Click Next. The download begins and takes several minutes. When finished, the McAfee Customer Response page opens.
- Review the options on the page, and make your selections.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. The McAfee icon is displayed in your system tray. Double-click it to open the program.
Did You Know?
- You can use McAfee AntiVirus on up to three computers.
- As a High Speed Internet subscriber, you can also download McAfee Family Protection at no charge to help keep your children safe online.
McAfee AntiVirus System Requirements
- Windows XP: 32-bit only (Service Pack 3)
- Windows Vista: 32-bit and 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
- Windows 7: 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8: 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows XP: 512 megabytes (MB)
- Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista: 1 gigabyte
|Free hard drive space
||800 X 600 pixels or higher|
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Firefox 3.5 or later
- Google Chrome
An Internet connection is required, and a high-speed connection is recommended.