To ensure that all devices are receiving power:
- Power the TV and converter on and off.
- If they do not have any power, check that the power cables for all of your devices are securely connected, including the converter, TV, and any VCRs or DVD players.
- If the power outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position.
- Plug a lamp or some other device that you know works into the power outlet for your TV. If it does not work, there may be a local electrical problem such as a power outage, a damaged wall outlet, or a tripped circuit breaker.
- For electrical problems, contact your local electric company or a qualified electrician.
If your devices are receiving power but you still have no picture, no sound, or the "No Signal" message:
- Ensure that all wires are securely connected, including the coaxial cable and any audio and video cables.
- If you have moved your converter to another location, move it back to the original installation outlet. Keep in mind that Digital Cable services are set up to work on the outlet that they were originally installed on.
- Ensure the TV is tuned to the proper input for your connection method. For example:
- If you are connecting with only coaxial cable, the TV or VCR may need to be set to channel 3 or 4.
- If you are using video cables such as HDMI or component cables, your TV must be tuned to an input such as Video 1 or HDMI.
- Reboot your converter by unplugging the power cord for 5 to 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- When the time is displayed on the front of the converter, turn it back on.
- If the issue remains, log on to My Services and perform an equipment refresh on your converter. See How do I refresh my modem or converter online?
Another possibility is there is a service disruption in your area. To find out, see How can I find out whether there is a service disruption in my area?
For information on changing your converter to detect HDMI connections, see I installed HDMI cables. Are there any settings I should change?
If there is no reported service disruption and you still have no picture or audio, Contact Us for additional assistance.