My High Speed Internet service is not working.
If your High Speed Internet service is not working:
- Ensure that there is power going to your modem and/or router. If you do not have a power outage, make sure the power cords for the devices are plugged in to a functioning power outlet and that the outlet is not connected to a switch that might be turned off.
- If you have moved your modem or router to another location, move it back to the original installation outlet. Keep in mind that High Speed services are set up to work on the outlet that they were originally installed on.
- If you have TV service, check to see whether it is working. If not, Contact Us.
- Check for other disconnected wires. Make sure that the Ethernet cable connection to your modem (and the connection between your modem and router, if applicable) are not loose or accidentally unplugged.
- Reboot your router. Unplug the power from the router for 5 seconds, and plug it back in. It should take about 30 seconds to reboot.
- Reset your cable modem or your Home Phone modem. This step usually is necessary to reestablish a connection after a recent problem.
- Reboot your computer. This step can resolve a lot of issues.
- If there is a splitter between your wall outlet and the modem, you can remove the splitter, connecting the modem directly to the wall outlet. If the signal reaching your modem is weak, removing a splitter will increase the strength.
- Removing a splitter may only be a temporary solution, especially if that splitter also is connected to your TV or was installed by a technician.
If these steps did not restore your Internet connection or if you had to remove a splitter to restore the connection, Contact Us for additional assistance.
For further assistance visit us at http://brighthouse.com/contact_us/.